Expert AC Installation in Morris County, NJ
Are you considering getting your AC installed before summer comes? Or, perhaps it’s already summer and no matter what you do, your home can’t seem to stay cool enough.
If your air conditioning unit has decided to take the summer off – permanently – it can leave you in quite the uncomfortable situation. When temperatures go up to 90 degrees or more in the summer, you’re left with hot and sticky air that can become unbearable.
But not every job will require new installation. It’s also possible that you may just need an AC repair service. That’s exactly why we come out to your home to do an assessment and check your cooling system.
Our professionally trained Morris County AC installation consultants will be there to guide you through the process of choosing the most efficient upgrade. We’re also affordable, so we work with various budgets.
When you experience a total breakdown of an aging HVAC unit, knowing it is time for an upgrade is a no-brainer. Oftentimes, however, the decision to replace your existing system isn’t as cut and dry. Many of our customers come to us asking how to determine when they should upgrade to a newer model or pay to repair their current equipment.
While the answer to that question is often speculative, we do recommend upgrading if any of these conditions are present:
- Your unit is more than 15 years old. An aging HVAC system will continue to bring repair bills as time goes on, and costs will quickly add up.
- Frequent repairs. As we mentioned above, the older your unit, the more frequent the repairs – you do the math.
- Cost versus value. If your system is facing major repair costs (more than half the value of your unit), upgrading to a newer unit is often a better investment.
- Inefficiency. Sometimes a previously installed unit may be insufficient for the cooling needs of your structure. This can lead to uncomfortable environments as well as costly energy bills.
However, while this is all good information, if you’re not sure if this is the right time to get a new installation for your AC system, call A&H Mechanical at 973-885-6133 and we’d love to help you with a free consultation.
Over the years, we’ve had hundreds of clients who don’t want to shell the money out for new AC installation, and within reason. We understand that it can seem expensive to install a whole new system.
However, most times, a temporary fix can be just that, and potential issues can rise up again. We are not hinting that this is true in all cases, because our diagnosis is different for every home, but a ‘patch job’ isn’t always the right call.
Keep in mind that investing in a new Amana air conditioning system can give you peace of mind for 10-15 years. You’ll still want to have one of our technicians come out and perform routine maintenance at least once a year, but such service is fast and affordable.
If our technician determines that you need a new system, we offer promotions and special financing to help you with this new financial burden. When you call, Andre and the team will be happy to help out and give you all the details you’ll need to make an informed decision.
Here’s another tip: if your AC system is more than 10 years old, it likely contains R22 refrigerant, which means you should start thinking about replacing it. R22 has high ozone-depleting potential, which means leaks can be highly toxic and damage your health.
Newer AC systems contain Puron (R410A) refrigerant, which is environmentally-friendly and will be safe for you and your entire family.
Making the decision to upgrade to a newer, more efficient AC system can make all the difference in your comfort and energy efficiency needs. With advancements in technology, modern systems come equipped with a multitude of benefits your older system may be lacking.
Some of these include:
- Zoned cooling features. Modern technology has afforded many comfort upgrades including zoned cooling which allows users to set specific temperatures in different areas.
- Tax breaks. With energy efficiency ratings, most units today qualify homeowners for tax breaks and incentives for maintaining a greener carbon footprint than older models.
- Energy bill savings. One of the most important benefits of upgrading to higher efficiency models is the dramatic savings many customers see on their utility expenses. With their ability to monitor your indoor climate better, newer systems utilize less energy expenditure, leading to lower utility costs after the upgrade is completed.
While upgrading to a new system may be a larger expense upfront, it won’t take long to pay for itself in the near future. With an improved comfort experience, lesser carbon footprint, and lower energy bills, you’ll soon see how quickly your upgrade will pay for itself.
Give us a call today to see how our team of experts can help you improve the overall comfort of your home with a modern AC upgrade!
Searching for a qualified HVAC contractor to install your AC system can be intimidating. After all, you’ll want to know that the respective professional has the right experience, licensing, and that you’re not getting fleeced.
At A&H Mechanical, we make sure that every job is done the right way and that the customer is happy with our work. We’re always available on the phone to explain our process and book a free consultation. Simply call us at 973-885-6133!
If you’re getting multiple quotes, make sure you’re comparing the same brand of equipment and product. Also, make sure the plumber you’re working with has a Master HVACR license from the State of NJ and licensing as a NJ Home Improvement Contractor.
Ask for proof of insurance and workman’s compensation before you hire an HVAC company. You don’t want to deal with an unlicensed contractor in the event of damage to your property or the contractor’s employee.
Finally, don’t believe it if the price is too low. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. Watch out for lowballs and potential scams. As an honest HVAC company with proper insurance and licensing, we have added costs to run our business, which is why we provide transparent pricing.